As we spring into May we hope to encourage simple practices to utilize in your daily life that encourage a state of Mindfulness. Mindfulness is the act of being consistently aware of what you're sensing and feeling at every moment — without interpretation or judgment.
Many clients who float with us report finding a sense of mindful awareness/meditation state while floating. We feel as though it provided the ultimate Environment for self connection/study. We also have found that Float 90's - or 90 Minutes of Floating is our preferred method of relaxation.
Here are a few simple, accessible tips we love to share for cultivating a state of Mindfulness inside the pod + throughout your daily existence!
- Awaken your senses - Sight - Sound -Touch - Smell : Mindfulness doesn't require complete stillness and silence. It simply requires energy and effort of attention.
- Focus on your breathing - Sit in a quiet place with your back straight, but relaxed. Feel your breath move in and out of your body. Let your awareness of everything else fall away. Pay attention to your nostrils as air passes in and out. Notice the way your abdomen expands and collapses with each breath. Take the time to be present with how you are able to self soothe by simply breathing.
- Make the familiar new again - Take the time to truly perceive. As you become more aware of your world, you might become fonder of the things around you - interactions - connections
- Pay attention - As you hold conversations, move and go about your day, check in with the ability to notice a few things that you might not regularly. Become observant of all senses that keep you in the present moment.
- Rest - Take the time even if for 15 minutes out of your day to rest yourself amidst the busy-ness of your daily life. Take the time to listen to what your body needs presently + take the steps necessary to provide yourself this space in time to simply witness.